Friday 24 February 2012

The Help (2011) Dir: Tate Taylor

Summary: An aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960s decides to write a book detailing the African-American maid's point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis.

This film reminds me of another film but I can't for the life of me put my finger on it, it's all just so very channel 5 movie of the week it could just be that I've seen so many films similar to it they are all jumbled up in my head.
Don't get me wrong, it's charming and funny but it's so full of stereotypes the character development becomes lazy. All I can say it is a predictable melodrama, the type of film you would put on to do the ironing to. I don't really understand at all why this has got any nominations.

Overall: Perfect for doing the housework to but as a serious example of filmic genius er no 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment