Sunday 3 February 2013

Beasts of the Southern Wild (Dir - Benh Zeitlin. 2012)

Summary: Faced with both her hot-tempered father's fading health and melting ice-caps that flood her ramshackle bayou community and unleash ancient aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy must learn the ways of courage and love.

Does anyone else know this feeling; you're watching a film and you know it's good and you want to like it but you just don't? Well this is my feelings on Beasts of the Southern Wild. The acting is good, the set perfectly fitting, the story intriguing and the directing fine but it just couldn't hold my attention. It reminded my in parts to Where the Wild Things Are although with a greater grounding in reality and there is nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't for me. I don't really have anything more to say about it.

Overall: just abit meh in my opinion but everyone else seems to like it 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment