Saturday 9 February 2013

Silver Linings Playbook (Dir - David O. Russell 2012)

Summary: After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own.

Ooo I love a rom-com, it's like my shameful little secret and if I have a girlie cry all the better. Silver Linings is a lovely quirky story in the same vein as Juno and I thought it was honestly charming.
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawerence are great and I really enjoyed the supporting cast. I laughed, I cried and I got angry which is all I want from a rom-com but it did get a little Strictly Ballroom towards the end. I also must point out that the only big problem I had with this was De Niro playing an Irish American with a Itailian American accent, I know I'm nitpicking.

Overall: Russell you have redeemed yourself for the awfulness of The Fighter 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment