Sunday 2 December 2012

Paranorman (Dir - Chris Butler & Sam Fell. 2012)

Summary: A misunderstood boy takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries-old curse.

I was disappointed with Paranorman; the animation was brilliant, the idea was interesting and I thought it had everything that would made a good kids film that adults would enjoy as well but I was wrong.
Firstly the plot was a little weak and the script lulled in parts. Secondly it just seemed to long, it either needed the story to be padded out more or needed a secondary sub-plot to up the pacing (yes I know this is pretty much the same as my first point but this issue really has to be highlighted). Lastly I felt there were too many references to classic horror films to make it accessible to children, yes the adults in the audiences will appreciate them but the kids will miss the joke and feel left out.

Overall: Disappointing but very pretty 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment